Saturday 27 September 2014

Skin Care Routine!

Hello!


Believe it or not, looking after your skin is a necessity if you want to reduce signs of ageing, spots or any other unwanted skin conditions. I was struggling for ideas for a blog post, and I found that I really enjoy reading other peoples skin care routines and just seeing what helps them clear their skin; so I hope you enjoy reading mine. 

DISCLAIMER:
The products I show might work for me, but might not necessarily work for you....

The first thing I do is remove my makeup or anything left on my face with a makeup wipe. Mine are the Athena Beauty 3 in 1 facial cleansing wipes from chemist warehouse and were $4 for a pack of 3.  These are enriched with Aloe Vera and are super soft and don't sting eyes or sensitive skin.

If I am in a pamper mood, I use the Natio Clay and Plan Face Mask Purifier, It is such a nice way to relax and it really clears up the skin if you get the odd hormonal breakout like me. It is a creamy consistency and is great for sensitive skin.

The next thing I use is the Proactive 3 step system. I use the cleaner, toner and moisturizer and I find a noticeable difference in the next 4 days, although I do not recommend this product if you have sensitive skin as it has a lot of chemicals, although it works for me, so I continue using it. The cleanser has these little beads that really exfoliate the skin, although don't rub too hard. The toner is a nice, really soft toner and it feels just so refreshing when applied. The moisturizer sinks into the skin quickly, although if you have sensitive skin, it may sting for about 20 minutes.

 I like to apply a serum when going to bed, just so my skin can be all nice and ready for the day ahead. I use the Lancome Primordiale Skin Defence. I'm not sure if it is a serum, but it feels and looks like one.... Also I couldn't find a link anywhere, but there are other very affordable skin serums on the market.... just shop around!

For an all round body moisterize, I use the Coconut scented body lotion from Smith Street Markets. It by far my favourite body/skin product as it smells so so so so good! I couldn't find a link for this one either, but I think it was from coles???? Have to check that one out for you all. 

And last but not least, I use the Dr Lewinns Hand and Nail Cream. I like to use a hand cream so I can avoid dry hands. They are super moisturizing and sink into the skin quickly as well which is a plus.

So that's it for now. If you have any products worth talking about, shoot me a comment and start the conversation. 

Byeee!

C xx