Tuesday 16 September 2014

Books to help YOU get back into reading!

So lets just say, I've read a lot of books. Today's blog will be about books that I recommend to those who are finding their way back into reading or for those who are stuck for ideas of what to read next (which is often my case). Tell me what your favorite books are and give me your boook recommendations!

So without further a do.....

1. I'm going to start with one of my favorite authors, which I have talked about in my last blog. John Green. What a guess? I've read all of his books and he has never failed me. So I thought this might have been a good choice. The book I recommend is the young adult novel, Paper Towns. It is one of his more recent ones with an incredible plot. If you are into mystery, adventure and road trips, this is for you. Note: There is a little bit of romance, if that is not your type. It's personally an all round great book with a bit of everything that would please the everyday reader. It's a story of a high school, nerdy boy named Q and his uber-cool, unpredictable next door neighbor Margo. Margo decided to disappear randomly one day and she has left clues for Q to find her. Margo is in one place for twenty four hours and Q and his friends have to go and find her.


2. The next one is not a standard novel, I'd say more graphic amazingness! If you already don't know, it is The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. This book took my about an hour to read, but boy, it was amazing. Almost every page is filled with sketches and beautifully detailed artworks that blow minds. It is such a lovely book to keep and is definitely one that people would cherish for years to come. It is even a good story book to read to a children and is such a good book that everyone can enjoy. If you are into amazing, detailed drawings, suspense and family entertainment. This is for you. Actually, this book is for EVERYONE! Just go buy/borrow it and read it now!

3. This one I read a long time ago, so this will really test my brain, but otherwise a great book. I read the children version when I was around ten and loved it. There is also an adult version that I yet have to read. It is called Mao's Last Dancer. It is the autobiography of Li Cunxin, a Chinese male ballet dancer that came to America to work with the American Ballet. It is such an inspiring, great read that really opens eyes and shows the life of this magnificent person. As I was a dancer at the time, I could relate to the book and it was just such a great way to introduce me to reading full on novels. I recommend this book if like dance, autobiographies and different peoples points of view. Such a great read! 

That's it for now. Happy Reading! :) 

Cheers

C xx